How can I split the signal in my apartment so I can run a Sky+ or Sky+HD Digibox?
The simple answer is: you can't split the LNB feed and retain full functionality because each Digibox tuner sends signals up the cable to tell the dish system what frequency band and what polarisation it requires. If each tuner sends a different message, one will win and the other will get nothing. This system can work ONLY if both tuners require the same signals. (One chance in four.)
You have a number of possibilities:
1. Use one feed only and put up with the lack of functionality.
2. Split the signal so each tuner gets only half of the signal (could result in loss of picture in bad weather) and let the tuners fight it out.
3. Ask the building management company or landlord to provide an additional feed.
4. Ask the building management company to install a stacker/destacker which, provided the existing cable is suitable, will feed two signals down the single cable and separate them in your apartment. (The wall plate must be discarded.)
5. Install a dish facing south east from a roof, balcony or through a window and provide your own additional feed(s).